Today Your Child Learned…
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
My Body Belongs to Me (Caring for me and my body)
Keeping our bodies clean and healthy is important. The aim of the lesson is Teaching children how they can do this with the help of those they trust. Knowing who they can talk to about any health concerns.
What We Covered In The Lesson
Here’s what we went through in PSHE today…
- The names of different parts of the body (neck, shoulder, arms etc).
- Why it’s important to keep their body clean and healthy and how to do this.
- Who might help them with personal hygiene.
- What to do if they feel unwell or are worried about their body or health.
- Appropriate touching.
What You Can Do From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Sing ‘Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes’ with them and change the words to include other parts of the body
- Talk to them about keeping clean and washing hands regularly
- Talk about who they would trust to help them keep clean and healthy
- Talk about times when they have felt unwell and what they did about it and who spoke to them or examined them if they went to the doctor or hospital
- Talk to them about the touches that they like eg: holding hands, a hug, having their hair stroked etc.
Here are some other ideas…
- Build in a regular personal hygiene routine with your child that you could share eg: cleaning your teeth together.
- Regularly remind them about when and how to wash their hands properly to prevent the spread of disease.
- Talk about who they would trust to talk to about their health, worries or fears so that they know who they can talk to if they need help.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.