Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
A Balanced Diet (What A Balanced Diet Is And Why It’s Important)
Most of us have an idea about what a healthy diet consists of but maybe we need reminding now and again to ensure that we’re getting the right amount of healthy nutrients in our daily meals. It’s important to remind ourselves about what the nutrients in our food do for our bodies and to involve the whole family in planning and making meals that are good for all of us.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Which food groups make up a balanced diet for example, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals, fats and water.
- Foods that may be eaten in moderation as part of a healthy, balanced diet like chips or a cake.
- What healthy meals look like and how we can design healthy meals of our own.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk to your child about a healthy, balanced diet and plan examples of healthy meals together, checking that there is a good balance of nutrients in the meals.
- Shop together to buy the ingredients for your healthy meal or weekly menu and enjoy cooking or preparing these meals together.
- Talk about the food that you’re eating and how you might change it for next time.
- Talk about how you feel after having a week of healthy family meals.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.