Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
A Problem Shared Is A Problem Halved (Not All Secrets Can Be Kept)
Some like to keep problems to themselves and not talk about them. Others prefer to talk and seek all the help they can get. Sometimes we’re asked to keep secrets, some are easy and sensible to keep like a surprise party for a friend, however, some secrets may make us feel unhappy, scared or uncomfortable, knowing when we should get help and talk to others about these secrets or problems is important.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Regularly talk to find out whether they’re worried about anything.
- Share an example of when you talked about a worry or problem and someone was able to help you with it.
- Watch Children in Need together and point out some of the national advertising that help children to remind them that asking for help is normal and that many people do this.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Listen when they speak to you.
- Give them the time and a quiet space to tell you what they need to, try not to interrupt or make light of what they have to say, however unlikely it may sound to you.
- Encourage them to talk to you when they are unhappy or uncomfortable with any situation and reassure them you are always there.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.