Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
A Problem Shared Is A Problem Halved (Talking To Someone We Trust)
It is important we all have somebody we can talk to when we are feeling troubled. Often sharing a problem and getting a different perspective on a problem can help us. Our children are likely to choose people they trust like a family member or friend if they need to talk, it is important that they know there are other people at school or in the community who can also help.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Talking to someone we trust is a good way of sharing and solving our worries or problems.
- There are people we can trust who we can talk to and we know who these are.
- Some of the national helplines that may be able to offer advice or help – Child line, NSPCC.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Compile a list together of the trustworthy people that you would talk to if you had a worry or problem.
- Ask your child if they could make a list of their own so that they’re clear about who they could turn to if they needed help.
- Make it clear to them that they can always talk to someone at School, make sure that they know who this person is.
- Do they know that if they feel they are not being taken seriously or not listened to that there are other people that will help?
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.