Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Anger – Difficult Feelings And Behaviours (Anger And When We Might Feel Angry)
Anger makes us respond and react in different ways and understanding that people deal with anger differently prepares your child to recognise and understand the signs. This is invaluable for home and school life and also for our lives in general. Understanding what is likely to make others angry is also helpful to know!
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child about when they have felt angry and why.
- Talk about how they showed their anger and whether this behaviour was acceptable or appropriate.
- Share with your child some of the things that make them angry or react and behave differently.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Ask your child about if they have seen someone who is angry and how did they recognise their anger, was it what they said, how they said it or how they looked?
- Did they think that the response was acceptable and if not, why not?
- Has anyone’s anger ever made them feel afraid and ask them whether they think that they can manage their own anger.
- Praise your child if they’re showing that they’re trying to control their anger or they’re using a calming technique to help them.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.