Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Anxiety (What To Do When I’M Feeling Anxious)
In 2017, the NSPCC reported that their Childline service had seen a 35% rise in calls from children about anxiety. This makes anxiety a very real situation that we should discuss with our children. We all feel anxious from time to time, how we control this and overcome this feeling is personal to all of us. There are strategies that we can teach our children to hrlp with this emotion. Talking about anxieties and knowing what works when you’re feeling this way is important.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Ways that we can communicate to others how anxious we’re feeling so that they might help, like using a scale of 1 to 5.
- Ways we may be able to reduce anxiety and begin to feel ‘normal’ again, for example by using breathing exercises.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child about strategies that you use to reduce anxiety.
- Encourage your child to determine how anxious they are and talk to someone about their level of anxiety.
- Talk to your child about who they can talk to if they’re feeling anxious or worried about anything.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Share experiences when you’ve felt anxious and talk to your child about how you dealt with the situation.
- Try breathing exercises and counting down regularly together when they’re not feeling anxious to practise the strategies so that they become second nature when needed.
- Remind them that there are people around them who they can trust and if they’re with them or they talk to them they’re unlikely to allow any harm to come to them and they will want to help.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.