Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Banks (How Banks Work For Us)
The number of people now using online banking services rather than going into their local branches has almost doubled since 2007. Banks are typically quick to accept technological advances, which is why we’re now seeing many of our High Street branches close down in favour of using our devices to do our personal banking. This method of banking is not for everybody and some of us still prefer to speak to a person in a local branch to carry out our banking transactions.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- What banks do and how they earn their money from money loans, interest etc.
- How to access our money from banks by using a bank card, cash machine, visiting a branch or banking App.
- That we can borrow money from banks but that banks will charge us for this service.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk about the banks that you and your family use.
- Talk about how you use their services and whether you use online banking, face to face transactions or a mixture of both.
- Take your child with you to the bank and show them what happens when you’re making a transaction.
- Explain to them how you transfer money from one account to another.
- Talk about the types of loans and interest that banks offer.
- Talk about savings accounts, the benefits of saving money and how to open a savings account with a bank.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.