Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Banks (Why Banks Are Important And All About Bank Cards)
Many of us use cards or banking Apps when purchasing items. More than 30% of us leave our homes without taking cash, showing how reliant we have become on bank cards and technology. Having a bank account to keep our cash safe has been the preferred method for many years however, now we’re ditching cash for cards, we need to be aware that keeping these valuable cards safe is essential too.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- The names of common banks in the UK like NatWest, Barclays, Lloyds, Bank of Scotland and more.
- What a typical bank card looks like and how important it is to keep these safe.
- Never sharing personal information like your bank card PIN numbers or security numbers.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Ask your child if they can name any of the common banks in the UK.
- Talk about the banks that you use and which services they offer you.
- Talk about a typical bank card and what the numbers mean on the cards.
- Explain that in order to use a bank card, there has to be some money in the bank account, discuss what happens if there isn’t enough money in the account and the card is used to pay for something.
- Talk about interest, being overdrawn, fees and debt.
- Keep your bank cards safe and explain to your child how valuable these are and how thieves can use your PIN number or card information to commit crimes or identity theft.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.