Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Body Language and Communication (Effective Communication In Life And Sport)
We use many different means of communication to get our message across to others including gestures, words and body language. Technology and sign language are also useful for those of us who find the spoken word difficult to convey. Appreciating why communication is important for us all helps us accept different ways of communicating that are both necessary and important.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How talking is not the only means of communication and that sign language, technology aids, writing and body language are all forms of communication.
- How others may not be able to speak or interpret body language easily to understand or communicate their feelings.
- That listening is a communication skill and that eye contact isn’t always possible for some people when communicating.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk to your child about how some people have communication challenges such as Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Deafness or an inability to speak. Discuss how they might communicate.
- Encourage your child to understand that communication is important to get your message across to meet physical and mental needs.
- Support your child if you think they are struggling with communication, discussing how sometimes body language or facial expressions are important but may be difficult for some to interpret.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.