Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Communicating Effectively (Rules Around Digital Communication)
Having looked already at ‘netiquette’ and how to behave online, your child has been looking at how communication may be interpreted, stored and seen by a wide audience for a considerable time if it’s posted online. Looking at how to respond if they feel unsafe or uncomfortable with what’s being communicated online is also important so we can keep our children safe.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How we can communicate verbally, non-verbally, visually and in writing.
- Talking to a trusted adult or friend if we’re worried or feel unhappy.
- The importance of communication and that it can be interpreted in different ways by different people.
- How we communicate online or digitally, reminding them our posts might remain online for some time for all to see, including photos.
- Communication that harasses, embarrasses, threatens, bullies or abuses us or others is wrong.
- Communication can encourage us to do things that we know are wrong.
- Being critical consumers of what we see and read in our digital world.
- How to communicate safely, responsibly and with respect to ourselves and others.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk to your child about their communication experiences with others, ask them if they’ve ever felt uncomfortable or unhappy about the communication.
- Do they know who they would talk to if they felt uncomfortable with their digital experiences.
- Discuss how some websites or emails may encourage them to do things which aren’t appropriate like gambling, sending money or self-harming.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.