Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Communicating Effectively (Evaluating And Improving Communication)
Many of our children communicate via phones, tablets, laptops and computers these days, sometimes with friends who are only paces away from them! Talking face to face is still important and in order to be supportive parents we need to keep in touchp in touch with our children and find out how they’re feeling, it’s surely better to find out about their feelings from them before the online world does! Relying heavily on devices to communicate may delay and impair conversational and social skills and it’s up to us to ensure that our children can communicate as well verbally as they can digitally!
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Set time aside so that you can spend some quality time together to talk about anything and everything! Do this regularly so that it becomes a normal routine for you and your family.
- Practise using ‘open’ and ‘closed’ questions with them to get them used to sharing views and opinions.
- Encourage your child to join a club or organisation where they can meet others and socialise and chat to them without devices or technology.
- Involve your child in activities and tasks at home and model how to carry them out.
- Talk to your child as you walk to school and make this a no device time for both of you so you can listen to each other.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.