Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Communication (Communication In Tricky Situations)
Being able to clearly communicate is a skill that we learn from an early age, especially if we need something from others! Sometimes communication may be needed to send a message that we need help or to inform others that we’re in a tricky situation and we don’t know what to do. Talking about how to do this, before a situation like this occurs, prepares your child in advance.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child about who they can trust and talk to if they’re worried or need to tell someone something.
- Ask your child what they would do if they found they were in a difficult situation like being teased, hurt or told to steal something.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talking to your child regularly, to find out how they’re feeling and if they have any worries, is a good place to start.
- Sharing the names of trusted people in their lives that they could talk to if they were feeling worried or scared is valuable giving them reassurance that someone is there to help them.
- Remind them that talking to trusted people can help with feeling sad, hurt or scared usually helps.
- Remember to listen to your child if they’re telling you about something that is bothering them and give them the time and space to explain how they feel so that you can reassure them and do what you can to help them feel better.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.