Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Dealing With Adversity (Overcoming Adversity)
Talking to our children about life and how they will meet challenges along the way is important. Preparing them for good times as well as the not so good, enables them to accept challenges. Knowing that they can face difficulties may help them to overcome adverse situations is also encouraging and reassuring.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Adverse or difficult situations arise in life and that we all have to learn to face these and overcome challenges.
- Difficult situations and how we might deal with them.
- Knowing that it’s our responsibility to help, without putting ourselves in danger, if we witness a difficult, threatening or dangerous situation.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child about times that you have been faced with adversity or difficult situations that you’ve had to overcome.
- Remind your child who they can talk to if they face an adverse situation or challenge that is difficult.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Ask your child if they’re facing a challenge and if they need help in dealing with it.
- Reassure and support them when they feel a problem is too big or too difficult to overcome.
- Talk about the types of situations that may present adversity like a lack of money, illness, friendship troubles or loss.
- Encourage your child to consider others and how they may be facing adversity.
- Explain that helping others can be a positive experience for all involved.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.