Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Dealing With Loss (Remembering Lost Loved Ones)
Whether it’s losing a family member or a favourite pet, we need to know that remembering those that we’ve lost can help with our sadness. Sharing special times and memories with someone we trust is an important part of the grieving process, sad that they are no longer around but happy to have shared such special times.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Your child may want to talk about someone who has passed away or is very unwell.
- It may be too painful for you to talk, perhaps there is a trusted person who can listen to your child and offer their support.
- Talk about how everyone grieves in different ways for a lost loved one.
- Keep mementos or photos of the loved one so that your child can look at these for comfort and this may prompt them to talk when they’re ready.
- Ask them what might help them with the loss of their loved one for example, visiting a park that they went to together or wearing a scarf that they used to wear.
- Talk to their school about the loss as they may be able to provide bereavement help and support your child too.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.