Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Desert Island (Basic Survival Needs)
It’s unlikely that we’ll ever find ourselves having to exist on a desert island but knowing what to do to keep ourselves healthy, hydrated and fed is important if we were ever to find ourselves in a situation where we’re on our own and we need to survive.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How we might survive in different extreme situations like a desert island.
- Our basic needs and how we need to meet these needs in order to stay alive.
- The importance of staying hydrated – A basic human need.
- How we might find water to drink and food to eat.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Remind your child to take water or a healthy drink every day when they go out or go to school to keep themselves hydrated.
- Remind your child to take a snack with them if they’re going to school or going to be out for some time before they eat a meal.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk about situations where you might find yourself in an extreme environment and you’re having to survive.
- Explorers, scientists and guides have jobs that may take them to extreme environments and they would need to know how to stay alive and keep others who are with them safe.
- Talk about the items that you might need to survive in very cold or very hot environments and share age appropriate video clips of explorers who are adapting to their environments and using survival skills.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.