Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Desert Island (Positive Mind And Body For Survival)
Meeting our basic needs of water, food and shelter are not the only important factors that we need to consider if we’re looking to survive in an extreme condition like a desert island. We also need to keep our mind and body healthy to boost our chances of survival and to keep us motivated to get out of the environment to safety.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Positive thinking keeps our mind healthy and gives us courage and determination to survive.
- Exercise would help us to be active, feel good and make us more positive.
- Appreciating the environment around us might help us to keep our minds and bodies healthy.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Think and talk about how we might look after ourselves in different situations.
- Prepare for an overnight stay at a Beaver/Brownie camp or a sleep-over for example.
- Talk about what we might take with us to help us settle and enjoy the stay.
- Share suggestions about what we could do to stay positive if we were feeling homesick or worried whilst we were away from home.
- Camp out in the garden together or join an organised camp out at the local woods to experience what it’s like living with nature and being away from home comforts for a night.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.