Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Drugs, Alcohol And Smoking (What Is A Drug?)
This topic is a progression from what was learned in year 2 about medicines, smoking and alcohol. It talks about what a drug is and how it affects our body. It talks about how people might feel if they have been smoking, drinking alcohol or taking drugs and the long-term side effects of this including addiction.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- They have been learning about the effects of passive smoking on their health.
- Where to get help If they are worried about passive smoking on their own health or if they have concerns about someone that smokes, drinks or takes drugs.
- Talk about how smoking, drinking and drug taking can be stopped and the organisations that can help with this.
- Discuss how your child feels about drugs, alcohol and smoking, discuss what they might do or say if they are offered these substances.
- How could you work together as a family to support someone who has difficulty with or problems around drugs, smoking or drinking alcohol?
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.