Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Emergency Services (Who The Emergency Services Are)
Learning about our Emergency Services is important when we need someone to help us, to identify emergency vehicles, recognise different uniforms and have an idea of what their role is. This lesson focuses on who the services are and what they may be able to do to help us.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- The Police, The Ambulance Service and the Fire Brigade and how they’re the 3 main emergency services.
- What the uniforms of each emergency service might look like and how to identify the vehicles that they use.
- How each of the emergency services might help us when we need them urgently.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Point out what the emergency service uniforms look like when you see them on tv or in the street.
- Help your child to recognise the vehicles that the emergency services use.
- Remind your child what each of the services do to help and know that they’re there for emergencies only.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Together you can create scenarios where you have need of Emergency Services – which service do you need?
- How do you contact them? Eg; House fire, car accidents, or an unconscious family member.
- Also have a chat about minor injuries, theft or household problems and what to do and who to contact.
- Ensuring that there are no unnecessary calls to 999.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.