Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Entrepreneurship/ Enterprise And Business (Be Your Own Boss)
How many of us push our Dyson vacuum around the lounge and think about the story behind how this came to be one of the most popular household items? The entrepreneur, James Dyson, was passionate about building a better vaccum and went on to invent the Dual Cyclone, Dyson Ball vacuums along with Dyson fans and hand dryers, making him the wealthiest engineer in the UK. He had an idea and took a risk, making him the boss of his now world-famous company.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- An entrepreneur is a person who sets up his or her own business and who takes on risk in the hope that they’ll make a profit from the business.
- The qualities we might need if we wanted to become an entrepreneur – being hard working, sensible and able to make important decisions.
- And identified some of the well-known entrepreneurs that we’ve heard of and what they do like Richard Branson and Victoria Beckham.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Discuss with your child who they would talk to if they wanted to start their own business in the future – a trusted adult, friend, bank or parent?
- Find out how entrepreneurs you recognise may have started and grown their own businesses.
- Discuss what you might need to start your own business.
- Talk to your child about any innovative ideas they might have and whether they would want to start their own business.
- Talk about the ups and downs of being your own boss.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.