Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Entrepreneurship/Enterprise And Business (Positives And Negatives Of Being Your Own Boss)
Having an ambition or dream to own your own company and to be your own boss is what many of us aspire to do in life. Some of us take the risk and make a success of our own businesses whilst others unfortunately fall by the wayside for a variety of reasons, like decreasing market demands and money problems. Being your own boss may seem ideal and there are lots of positives to owning your own company but there are also down sides that need to be considered too.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk about entrepreneurs you recognise and find out how they started their own business.
- If you own your own business, share with your child what you’ve found to be enjoyable about the experience and also what has been challenging or difficult for you as your own boss.
- Talk about whether all companies make a profit quickly and whether all businesses are successful.
- How might being your own boss affect your life and the lives of those around you?
- Would you be guaranteed to have a luxury lifestyle and what might happen if your business started to lose money or get into difficulty?
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.