Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Recycling is at the forefront for helping our environment. In 2017, almost 46% of household waste in the UK was recycled. By 2020, we’re aiming for this to be at least 50%. By ensuring that we as parents are setting good examples and recycling more we could reach or even exceed this target.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Show your child how you recycle different materials and waste at home.
- Talk to your child about where the different materials go that we sort at home and what happens to them for example, in a clothes bank or bottle banks.
- Look at where your family uses plastic at home and see if you can find alternatives together that do the job just as well for instance by using paper or fabric bags.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Have discussions about waste and how we dispose of unwanted items such as toys, books, furniture – most can be recycled in some way by donating to charity shops, toy libraries or painted/upcycled.
- There are many community organisations that promote greener living, you could get involved togethe, there are also websites and apps where you can sell or swap your items, this will encourage your child to be aware that we need to send less to landfill.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.