Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Fight Or Flight (The Natural Instinct)
This lesson is about how our body triggers the ‘Fight or Flight’ response and how it makes us feel. We may find that our heart beats faster, our stomach may churn, we may begin to shake, our blood vessels may be preparing for us to run from the situation.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- The hormone, adrenaline, that is triggered in our body when we’re faced with some challenges in life.
- The feelings that the ‘Fight or Flight’ response make us feel in our minds and bodies.
- And how these feelings will return to normal when we’re able to feel calmer or less fearful.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child about different situations which could pose a challenge for them now or in the future and how they might react to these like performing in a play or going for an operation in hospital.
- Explain that ‘running away’ or refusing to deal with some challenges is not always the best solution because we begin to learn that we can do this in every situation which could affect all areas of our lives.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.