Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Fire Safety (Preventing A Fire)
It is important that your child knows that fire is dangerous and can be prevented. Children should know how to make an emergency call, understand when to do this, and give the correct, accurate information in order to get help.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- The 3Ps which are: how to PREVENT a fire from starting, how to have a fire escape PLAN ready and how to PRACTISE that escape plan with all the family.
- How to make an emergency call giving their full name, address and telephone number.
- And how important it is to check smoke alarms every week in their homes.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Identify where you have a naked flame like a gas cooker, gas fire and candles and talk about being safe around these flames with all the family.
- Talk to your child about what the emergency services do and check that they know their own full name, address and telephone number so that they could help in an emergency.
- Practise pretend phone calls to the emergency services making sure that they know that they must only ever call 999 to report an emergency.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talk your child about the importance of smoke alarms and how they should be tested weekly.
- In 2018, 38% of home smoke alarms failed to work!
- Knowing how to prevent fires by being vigilant is crucial – fire can put lives at risk and damage property.
- Never play with fire!!
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.