Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Forest Survival (Basic Needs For Forest Survival)
Do you and your family enjoy watching reality TV showing survival skills on a desert Island or wilderness? Here we have been looking at how our basic needs are an important part of our survival.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Where our local woods are and about camping experiences like Beaver and Brownie outdoor experiences that they may have had.
- How water is important to survival along with keeping warm, fed, dry and safe.
- And they know how thinking positively is important to survival.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Together, you and your child could visit the local woods or forest and explore to find out what you can see, hear and smell.
- Camp out together in the woods or garden to experience living outdoors and think about what you would need.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Joining something like the Brownies or Beavers provides excellent opportunities to get involved in the great outdoors, leading onto opportunities for camping/eating outside and looking after themselves.
- Encourage them to make a list of what they think they might need if they were camping out and involve them in packing their own bag for the trip to give a sense of responsibility.
- Talk to them about how being positive, keeping busy and being active will help them if they’re feeling homesick.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.