Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Growth Mindset (How To Build Our Growth Mindset)
We’ve talked about what growth mindset is and how important it is to have an open, learning mind. So now we may need to work on our outlook and try to encourage our children to build a growth mindset to improve their confidence, resilience and positivity.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- The importance of keeping an open mind and that we should keep trying if we make mistakes or fail first time.
- How important it is to experience new and different things in life.
- Learning from mistakes, being determined and willing to face challenges that come along.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- There will be times where your child is finding a task, game or activity difficult.
- Encourage them to persevere and try again.
- Celebrate small achievements that they make and be there to support when mistakes, losses or failures have occurred.
- Encourage them to keep an open mind and to accept that they’re learning from any mistakes they make.
- Encourage your child to try new challenges like joining a sports club or organisation where they will also learn that others are learning from their mistakes and this will offer them safe opportunities where they can make mistakes and know that perseverance and determination to succeed ultimately brings rewards.
- Show them that you’re willing to try new opportunities and that you can keep an open mind too!
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.