Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Healthy Eating (What Is A Healthy Diet?)
In order to keep ourselves fit and well we need to think about how healthy our diet is. Some food producers are encouraging us to eat more healthily, especially cutting down on salt, fat and sugar. We need to be sure about what constitutes a healthy diet in order to choose food wisely.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fats and oils, vitamins and minerals and water.
- The variety of different foods and meals which may be eaten by children in the class.
- How eating a balanced diet with lots of nutrients is important.
- What the Department of Health ‘Eatwell Plate’ is and what the ‘traffic light’ coding system on foods mean.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Ask your child about the different nutrients that we find in our foods.
- Take a look at the Department of Health ‘Eatwell Plate’ and talk about whether you and your family could use this to help you track the nutrients and amounts that you eat.
- Look at the ‘traffic light’ code system on foods you buy and talk with your child about what this means.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.