Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Keeping My Body Safe (Secrets, Speaking Up And Staying Safe)
This lesson focuses on appropriate touch and what this feels like and how this is different to inappropriate or unwanted touch. It talks about secrets that may make them feel unhappy or uncomfortable and that it is right to speak to someone if these are making them feel sad, alone, confused or afraid.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk together about how ‘good’ touch makes them feel.
- Talk to them about the touches that they like and enjoy eg: cuddle with dad, holding gran’s hand etc.
- Talk about touches that may feel rough but may keep them safe eg: grabbing hold of their hand when a moving vehicle gets too close, moving them out of the way of a car which is reversing etc.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talking to your child and reassuring them that they have someone to speak to if they need to share a message is important.
- Remind them that they need to keep themselves safe and that any unwanted or inappropriate touch from anybody needs to be spoken about with someone that they can trust.
- Encourage them to keep trying until they are listened to.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.