Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Law (What Is The Law And Why Do We Need It?)
By this age, most children are familiar with the police and what a vital job they do. Many will understand that if they break the law then they will have to face the consequences including being interviewed by the police. But how do we know that we’re breaking the law? Talking to your child about rules, why we have them and how they’re responsible for their actions if they break these rules is an important life lesson. It’s our responsibility as parents to ensure that our children fit into society so they can grow up to live safe, successful and happy lives.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- That the law is the system of rules that we all have to follow in our country. If we break these rules, we can be punished.
- Why we have rules and what might happen if we don’t have any rules at school, at home and in life.
- A variety of scenarios where laws might be applicable to deal with the behaviour or event that has happened.
- That laws apply to the way that we live our lives and that the laws in our country apply to everybody.
- How we’re responsible for living our lives by the law and that we may be tempted or encouraged to break these laws sometimes.
- There are many consequences if we break the law.
- The law is there to protect us and if we feel unhappy, threatened, uncomfortable, hurt or abused by the behaviour of others, we must report this to a trusted adult or the police.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Spend time with your child to talk about boundaries and life skills that will help them later on.
- Discuss the law and what behaviours would constitute breaking the law and how it may affect their life and those around them now and in the future.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.