Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Being Happy (What Makes Us Happy)
We’ve looked at how important it is to recognise our emotions and know how we feel so that we can express these feelings to others. Knowing how emotions can have a real effect on our health and well-being makes it all the more important that we learn from an early age to share the way we feel.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Why happiness is important in our lives.
- How we can make ourselves feel happier.
- The importance of talking to someone we trust if we feel sad, unhappy or worried.
- How different emotions have an effect on our health, success and relationships with others.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk about the benefits of feeling positive and happy on your health, success and relationships with others.
- Talk about what we can do when we’re not feeling happy and teach your child to recognise when they’re feeling happy and why.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Share experiences when you’ve felt happy in your life and why you felt this way.
- Talk about how happiness made you feel.
- Talk about the times when you may have been feeling low or unhappy and what you did to improve your feelings.
- Encourage your child to talk to you, family members or trusted friends and adults to share their feelings.
- As you experience the ups and downs of life, share your thoughts with your child and explain that sad or bad feelings don’t last forever and that there are ways of coping with these to make you feel better.
- Model to your child that aiming to feeling positive and optimistic may make you and those around you feel better.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.