Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Being Mindful (To Be Mindful)
There are so many opportunities and experiences that cost nothing that we fail to use. Natural environments – forests, Parks, beaches, mountains and lakes are just a few that we can enjoy in the UK. By using these spaces we can help promote good mental and physical health.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- That mindfulness is about focussing on a particular moment in time and how we’re feeling in our minds and bodies at this time.
- To appreciate the sights, sounds, smells and feel of the environment around us and how this can have an effect on our well- being.
- Remember that mindfulness can help us deal with worry and stress and can help us to keep and remain calm.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Take your child out to enjoy the woods, park, forest or different environments to appreciate and experience the variety of sounds, smell and sights around them.
- Talk about your feelings together and discuss how you’ve used mindfulness to help you remain or be calm in a situation.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Visit natural outdoor environments and encourage your child to think about how it makes them feel being in this environment.
- Activity outdoors, talking together, appreciating nature and having some quiet time to tune into how you feel in body and mind is good for all of us.
- Fresh air and exercise is good for our health and fitness.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.