Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Exercise (The Importance Of Exercise)
When we’re physically active or playing sport we tend to know the benefits this has on our body. Exercise helps with our mood,body image and gives us more energy. Convincing our children of these benefits and encouraging them to be more physically active is important. Sport also has social benefits and teaches us life skills like teamwork and co-operation. 60 minutes a day is the recommended time that a child and adolescent should spend on physical exercise.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How exercise keeps us fit, healthy, prevents illness and helps our bodies to work better as we get older.
- The balance we have between being active, sleeping and sitting still and talked about changing this to make improvements where needed.
- How we can encourage ourselves and others to be more physically active.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- With the latest figures showing that 1 in 5 children are overweight when they begin school and 1 in 3 children are overweight by the time they leave primary school, the importance of encouraging our children to be more physically active to burn the calories that they eat has never been more essential.
- Talking about how the family can be more active and the benefits of this now and for the future is key.
- Small changes to daily routines like walking to school instead of getting in the car may be a good place to start.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.