Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Protecting Our Planet (It’s Getting Warmer)
Children are becoming increasingly more involved in protecting our planet and trying to save the environment for future generations. Addressing climate change, global warming and how pollution damages our world is something that we’re all talking about right now all over the world.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk about examples of pollution in our world and what could be done about it.
- Talk about how we as a family could make changes that might have a positive impact on global warming or pollution like sharing car journeys or walking instead of driving.
- Ask your child what they know about the different types of pollution and what they might be able to do to decrease this for example, sending a light pollution petition to the council.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Talking about pollution and global warming is important and doing something to change it moreso.
- Thinking together how you could help will encourage your child and their friends to be proactive about saving their world.
- Turning off lights, eating well sourced food, walking rather than always taking the car’ Showing that you care about the planet may encourage our children to do the same and small changes do matter!
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.