Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Relaxing To Recharge (Recharging our Batteries)
Our lives just seem to get busier. How many times do you think you ask your child to hurry up or get a move on when you need to get many things done? This can have a knock on effect with all the family. Finding time to relax and unwind is essential for all of us if we want to keep healthy, both in mind and body.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- That relaxation is when our mind and body is free from worry, fear or stress.
- How watching screens especially before bed time makes relaxation and sleep very difficult.
- Looking at how much time we spend on our screens compared to how much time we spend relaxing or other activities.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child about how you relax and how this helps you.
- Look at plans for the week together, working out how much time they spend sleeping, relaxing, being active, screen time – is it a healthy balance?
- Practise ways of relaxing with your child – going for a walk, playing sport, cooking, reading together or dancing.
- Work out a time together when they’re relaxing without watching a screen or make a set time when screens could be switched off.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Taking time to relax both independently and together as a family is important.
- It recharges our batteries and brings us closer together after perhaps a week where we’ve rarely seen or spoken to each other! Sharing relaxation techniques, sports activities and having designated times without screens will help focus our mind and body and teach us to switch off from the working week.
- Ensure that there is a definite balance of time that your child spends on screen, sleeping, doing homework with healthy activities like exercise, fresh air and relaxation.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.