Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Staying Safe Online (How to Stay Safe Online)
It’s amazing how quickly our children pick up and use new technology? Children learn how to use phones, tablets and computers from a very early age so helping them to stay safe in this exciting, virtual world has to be a priority. Our responsibility as parents is to keep them safe when they use devices at home.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How to use digital technology safely by learning and understanding rules about how to use the internet, including not opening emails without asking and sharing their passwords with others.
- What to do if they see or are asked something that makes them unhappy, afraid or uncomfortable when using technology.
- They’ve been reminded who to talk to if they’re invited to meet up with someone that they don’t really know online.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child regularly and find out what they’re doing on their devices and who they’re chatting to.
- Ask them what they’d do if they felt threatened or upset by anything they saw on screen.
- Chat to them about the internet rules they’ve learned and how they can stick to them.
- And make sure that you have good computer virus protection, parental controls and blocks on the devices they use.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Setting time limits on devices will help to keep your child safe and healthy.
- Making regular ‘surprise’ screen checks whilst they’re using the devices may not be popular but they’ll understand that it’s your way of keeping them safe! Digital technology is an incredible resource when we know how to use it safely and responsibly.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.