Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Staying Safe Online (Social Media Safety)
Last lesson, we talked in school about being safe online. It is vital that our children are aware that they must never share personal information online such as names, ages, dates of birth, images or addresses. They may see you or older relatives sharing photos, texts and information on social media sites, to them this just looks like fun but do they know why we shouldn’t share our personal data and photos and that there are age limits and rules around using some sites?
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How personal information could be used by strangers or companies online as a way to contact us or to help them to commit crimes like identity theft.
- They’ve also talked about how great social media and digital technology can be for our everyday communication but that there are disadvantages to these digital platforms too, for example, when something unkind may be texted and it remains on screen for others to see.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Regularly check on your child to see what they’re doing on the computer.
- Have the computer, phone or tablet in the same room as you whilst they’re using it. This can give an additional layer of security.
- Check they’re using age appropriate sites and games and talk together about why these have specific age limits.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Technology is advancing all the time and it’s helping us in our daily lives in all sorts of ways.
- Our children are growing up in an age of rapid change and exciting innovations.
- Let’s help them to use technology responsibly and safely every time.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.