Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
The Art Of Failure (Failure Is Important)
Playing games and running races when we’re young may give us a spirit of competition, while winning is always a good feeling, not winning is also an important life lesson, we cannot win at everything. We may feel disappointed when we don’t win but this will help us to grow and achieve more of what we want in life. Not winning can teach us many things.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Remind your child that failure and losing is a normal part of life, learning to accept this and react in a rational manner is just as important.
- Talk to your child about times when you have failed in situations, how you coped and what happened if you tried again.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- When your child has lost or failed at something, reassure them that feeling upset is very normal.
- Ask them if they would do anything differently next time.
- Think about how people react when they get things wrong, lose games or make mistakes.
- We all react differently and while it’s disappointing to fail at something, reacting aggressively, accusingly or inappropriately, shows others that we are not coping with the situation.
- Modelling rational behaviour and reactions to disappointment or failure will help your child and their reactions.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.