Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
The Art Of Failure (Using Failure To Drive Success)
Looking at how failure can help us and seeing it in a positive light is what we need to teach our children. Some people may need many attempts with success, failure is not the end of the world, we can become more determined to succeed. Our reactions to failure are important. Discuss how failure can help us and seeing it in a positive light is what our children need to learn
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How failure can be a positive experience because it may encourage us to try again and then we may succeed when we’ve learned from our mistake the first time.
- How to understand that success isn’t easy and guaranteed in all that we do and achievements may feel greater if we have to try hard to succeed.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Remind your child that we learn from losing or failure and it may make us more determined and successful next time.
- Celebrate success with your child, however small, but also encourage and help them to be resilient in the face of failure or losing.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- By modelling how you deal with failure or losing and how you use it as a learning experience.
- Your child will be more inclined to imitate your reactions – good or bad! Remind your child whenever they lose, fail, make a mistake or experience disappointment that this feels difficult at the time but that there is always something they can learn from the experience.
- Make a point of celebrating small successes together to show you acknowledge how hard they’ve tried and that it was worth their effort.
- Remind your child that success isn’t always easy and isn’t always attainable for everybody.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.