Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Relaxation (How Relaxation And Technology Can Work Together)
Prising our children off screens and technology can be difficult these days! Knowing that a balance of relaxation, ‘down time’ and activity is good for our health should spur us on, as parents, to do something about too much screen time for our children and indeed, ourselves! Understanding how technology and relaxation techniques can work together may be part of the solution.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Find Apps together that your child, you and the family might be able to use to help you unwind, relax, exercise or sleep better.
- Try them out as a family and find out which ones work best for each of you.
- Set a screen switch off time and encourage your child to wind down and relax with music, a book or even stroking the cat!
- Use technology on phones, fitness watches or timers to help with making exercise fun for all the family.
- Could you try to beat the steps that you each do every day?
- Watch how your heartbeat changes from exercise to a resting rate as you begin to relax.
- Is the family noticing that they’re benefitting from building relaxation into their weekly or daily routine?
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.