Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Resilience (What Is Resilience?)
Our modern world is forever changing and we have to be flexible and adapt to the changes or get left behind. Sometimes the changes are easy to make but for some they may seem impossible. For many, being expected to quickly adapt to online banking on a phone/computer may appear to be a step too far. Resilience, a positive mindset and determination does help when we’re faced with new or difficult challenges and learning not to give up is an important life skill.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Being resilient means being able to adapt and bounce back when something difficult happens in our lives.
- Times when they feel that they’ve had to be resilient or overcome a difficult situation.
- Recognising examples of resilience that they may have seen in sport.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Explain that sometimes we face challenges and have to overcome difficulties in order to achieve something we want.
- Rarely does success come easily.
- Understanding that determination and resilience is an important skill to have.
- Being there to encourage and support your child will help to prepare them for setbacks along the way.
- Reassure them that resilience helps to motivate in tackling new opportunities and experiences and it’s part of accepting that we may have to work hard for what we want.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.