Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Respecting Others/Boundaries And Beliefs (Showing Respect)
Religious Education in schools leads the way in teaching children about diversity in religious faiths and beliefs and how our society has a duty to show tolerance and respect for everyone. Knowing what respect is and how to show respect to others is important throughout our lives and understanding that, whilst we may not accept the views or opinions of others, we must be respectful of differences that we encounter if we’re to be law abiding and considerate citizens.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Respect is appreciating the feelings, wishes and rights of other people.
- How British law protects our society and that disrespecting the rights, beliefs, feelings and wishes of others can be illegal and get us into serious trouble.
- Being patient, tolerant and understanding is what is expected of us when we live and work with others who share different views, religions, beliefs and feelings to us.
- We have a right to express what we believe in or give our opinion however, there are law-abiding ways in which this should be done.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Share a variety of experiences and events with your child so that they can meet and get to know a diverse range of people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Talk to your child about what respect means to you and who you think should be respected and why.
- Explain that our views may not be the same as others but that we need to understand how to share these without offending or upsetting others.
- Model tolerance and understanding of the differences in the way others lead their lives and share this meaning of respect with your child.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.