Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Road Safety (Reading The Road Signs)
Having an awareness of how busy and dangerous roads can be and what the signs mean that we see on the roads is useful, however young your child is. Road signs are certainly important for drivers but they also give pedestrians ideas of what to look out for when they’re crossing the roads.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Look at road signs together and point out familiar ones that they should know.
- Talk about what the road signs mean and what we need to look out for on the road like a barrier coming down at a level crossing when the lights are showing.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Whether in the car or on foot, it’s easy to spot road signs and talk about what they mean.
- Talk about what markings you would see for a zebra crossing and how to cross there.
- Explain why the signs are there and that we must take notice of them.
- Find out when your child’s school goes out on organised road safety walks with the children and see if you’re able to help, to find out what they’re being taught, helping you to reinforce this at home.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.