Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Safety Symbols (Why We Need Safety Symbols)
Knowing that the toys/games that your child is playing with are safe is vital – many are now imported from other countries where their standards may not be as high. Please check the safety symbols with your child. Often the cost is the deciding factor on a purchase, you should always ensure all goods meet safety guidlines.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How to recognise safety symbols and signs that we might see around us in our everyday lives.
- Why these signs are an important indication of the safety of the items.
- And how to find safety symbols on toys, pens, games and more that we use.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Involve your child in finding and interpreting warning symbols and signs when you’re. shopping, driving around on the roads or you’re in public places.
- Make sure that toys and objects that you use in the family are suitable for the children’s ages.
- Show your child that toys and objects that we use in our family have safety symbols.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Recently, some toys ordered online have been found to contain dangerous levels of chemicals that would not pass standard toy safety checks.
- This is why it’s always important to consider safety above price when you’re buying a toy or game for children to play with.
- Look for safety symbols and endorsements before buying and check toys and games for product information, age guidelines and materials before buying or giving them to your child.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.