Today Your Child Learned…
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Safety Symbols (Where To Find Safety Symbols)
Knowing where to find safety symbols and what they look like on items that we buy so that we can be sure that we’re buying quality products is always a wise move. Making sure that we know that some products are dangerous or pose a hazard to our health is important and we need our children to know that they should take notice of these warnings.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How to recognise warning signs and symbols displayed on everyday dangerous chemicals like bleach.
- And how to understand that opening, pouring, handling and tasting liquids or solids that have these warnings may harm us or cause us to have to go to hospital.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Show children where the warnings are on bottles of cleaning products and that some may even be in braille so that the company can be sure that everyone can read the safety signs.
- Explain that opening, touching, drinking, smelling or even looking into the bottles may cause danger and that these dangerous chemicals are locked away or kept out of reach for a reason.
- Talk to them about what may happen if they spill, spray or swallow these and that often hospital or medical care would be required because of the chemicals in the product.
- Show your child how you safely use products, maybe even wearing gloves to protect you when you’re handling them.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.