Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Screen Time (How Much Time Do We Spend Using Screens?)
Technology has opened up all sorts of exciting opportunities for us and our children however, devices, tablets, laptops, phones and more, seem to have trapped us in a never-ending cycle of screen time. From checking our phones to playing computer games for hours on end, screen time is gradually eating into our time. Thinking about how much time we do spend looking at screens might help us to balance this activity better with getting out and about and being active which is better for our health.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Habits and knowing that spending too much time on screens is a habit.
- How there are good and bad habits and that habits can be changed or balanced.
- How much time we spend on screens each day or week.
- Why many families have rules around screen time and switching off times.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Share experiences with your child that interest them in other ways to limit the amount of time they spend on screen for example, by going for woodland walks, playing board games, joining a club or sport activity group, reading books, bike rides, craft activities and going swimming together.
- Talk about how screen time can become a habit that is hard to break, discuss having a cut off time for screens that the family sticks to.
- Show your child that you don’t have to be on the phone, computer or tablet all the time and that you do other activities besides use these devices.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.