Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Self-Image (Why Self-Image Is Important)
We all have an idea of how we look, but do we really know how we appear to others? We need to be aware of our self image, how we look, what we are good at and how we want others to perceive us. To make and maintain our friendships is an important part of our wellbeing, this is associated with our own self image and that of others.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Regularly share your positive thoughts and feelings about your child with and celebrate their achievements, however small.
- Share what we like or love about each other.
- Talk about things that you may want to improve on or change about yourself and discuss if this is realistic.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Ask your child what they think they’re good at and how they know this.
- Tell them what you think they’re good at and ask them how it feels to be praised when they have done something well.
- Talk about achievements and successes like swimming certificates or stickers that they have received, were they proud to receive them and were you proud too?
- Discuss what they would like to be good at and how you can help them.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.