Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Self-Worth (Low Self-Worth And Comparing Ourselves To Others)
Our world of social media and technology can be influential in us wanting to change our self-image. While this can be positive in some ways if we become healthier and happier it can also have a negative effect by setting unrealistic and unattainable goals – this can lead to feelings of low self worth.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- That we’re all different and all unique.
- Knowing that others might have more or less than we have in life and that we need to try to accept this and not make ourselves or others unhappy about this.
- Feeling good about ourselves makes us happier, positive and healthy.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Talk to your child about what they’re good at and what they need to perhaps work on to improve how they feel about themselves.
- Share times when you have felt unhappy about something and how you have made a positive change in order to feel better.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- From a young age, children begin to compare themselves to their friends.
- Remind your child that they’re special and unique and that they’re loved for who they are.
- Talk about how comparing ourselves to others doesn’t always bring happiness and that we should appreciate what we have and work for.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.