Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Self-Worth (Getting Self-Worth Right)
Encouraging our children to be confident and independent is part of our job as a parent. Getting the balance right with self-worth and what your child thinks about themselves is important. If they’re over confident, have a very high opinion of themselves and enjoy telling everyone how good they are, their self-worth might come across as arrogance and this could end up losing them friends. Being negative, pessimistic and unhappy with themselves, at the other end of the self-worth scale, could also cost them relationships.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- How having a self-worth that is too high can be unhealthy and it may appear arrogant to others which may have an effect on relationships.
- How having a self-worth that is too low can also damage relationships if friends are always trying to comfort or convince us that we’re fine as we are.
- That we all have special qualities, we are all good at some things and not so good at others – that’s what makes us special and unique.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Discuss what they are good at and what they would like to better at.
- Are there any people that they feel have a very high or low self worth and how to find a balance.
- Explain how it’s not a good idea to talk about ourselves a lot as it can give the wrong impression – those that are close to them will already know them well.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.