Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Signalling And Sign Language (Morse Code)
We have learnt about how we can communicate without using words, now we are going to look at how signalling and coding has been used for communication, this gives children an insight into how communication has developed over the years.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner…
- Ask your child to teach you the words that they’ve learned to sign.
- Ask your child to show you how to sign their name and yours in Morse Code.
- Ask your child to tell you which groups of people found this code useful many years ago and why it was useful.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Using Morse Code is great fun and having a torch to flash the dots and dashes to spell words is a great game.
- Have a look at some youTube clips together and discover how the armed forces used this way to communicate during WW, it was also used on the Titanic.
- So, morse code was as important then as texting and emails are now.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.