Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Supporting The Community (How To Support The Community)
From village fairs to a charity quiz, volunteering at a foodbank or singing Christmas carols to the elderly, there are many ways that we can get involved in supporting the community in which we live. We may use facilities provided by our community and it is always nice to return the support and how we can keep community spirit alive and well for future generations.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- A community is a social group of any size that has members who live in a specific location, share a government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
- Where our local community is and the services and facilities provided in our community.
- Knowing what resources we use that are provided by the community.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Check that your child knows where your local Community is and the resources available in this community – the library, swimming pool or Scout hut for example.
- Discuss what resources you and your family use in the community and what you might miss if the facilities were no longer available to you.
- Talk about how you could help in the community and see if your family could think of ways that you could all take part.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.