Today Your Child Learned…
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development…
Today’s PSHE Lesson
The Government (Political Parties And Government Structure)
Our country is experiencing changes in the make up of political parties. Some Members of Parliamentare leaving their current parties to join others, almost on a weekly basis. Knowing which parties exist, what they believe in and who belongs to these parties is becoming tricky to follow. If we’re to encourage the younger generation to vote for the party policies that they believe in and for our future Government to work effectively, we have to talk to our children to give them a fundamental understanding of what politics and the Government are and what they do for the UK.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today…
- Who the current Prime Minister is – Boris Johnson as at November 2019.
- Which political party the Prime Minister belongs to – The Conservative Party.
- Names of other political parties that we may have heard of.
- What Members of Parliament do and that Government aims to set an example and model how to peacefully and democratically discuss differences and problems that the country and its people face.
- When we’re able to vote, at 18, and how we might choose the party that we want to represent us.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons…
- Watch clips of video coverage where the Prime Minister and Members of Parliament are discussing questions with each other and talk about the process.
- Show your child a voting card and explain to them what you do with it.
- Talk about some of the changes that are happening in our Government and encourage your child to recognise the faces of MPs and Government ministers.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.